Teenager buys £600 worth of shopping for 4p and donates food to charity
A teenager collected hundreds of supermarket coupons to buy £600 worth of shopping for 4p so he could give the food to families.
Jordon Cox, 16, scoured endless websites and magazines and gathered hundreds of coupons for dozens of products.
After spending hours each day searching the internet for coupons, he managed to collect 470, which he took to his local supermarket, and filled three trolleys with food and household items.
The bill came to £572.16, but once the coupons were factored in the bill was reduced to just 4p - a saving of 99.81 per cent.
The teenager, of Brentwood in Essex, donated all his food to the charity Doorstep which gives food to disadvantaged families.
More at the link.
Fucking beautiful. But, you know, teenagers don’t do anything important
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
I will always reblog this. She has the mind and heart I’ve always admired, I strive to be like her every day.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
my favourite thing is that lorde also uses tumblr its like a celebrity tumblr gang that don’t act like celebrities and lose all inhibitions on tumblr
Tumblr: A Place To Be Yourself, And Also To Use Words You’ve Only Ever Heard In Rap Songs/Teen Slang
The working title of the report I would write on Tumblr, if I had any reason to write reports of any kind ever.
does getting a septum piercing hurt?
it hurts the people that care about you
Double standard, illustrated.
There it is; truth for your consideration.
We interrupt the normal procedure to tell you guys that every mother in Finland gets a box containing all of this before the baby is born. Every. Mother. All she has to do is get prenatal care, which is free. So you let the healthcare people check that you & your unborn child are ok and you get a box full of free and useful shit. Free healthcare rocks, let me tell u.
And I’m pretty sure that Finland has one of the lowest abortion rates worldwide.
Pro-lifers, take note. This is how you actually lower abortion rates. Creating viable other options. K thanx bye.